Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 weeks ago

whats your favourite quick and easy meal?

Honestly?   Leftovers.  Pretty much any leftovers are quick and easy. 

If you mean fresh from scratch, I'd probably go with pasta.  It's fast, easy and very versatile with what else you've got on hand.

I'm also a big fan of breakfast for dinner.   Eggs, toast, sliced tomato on the side...what's not to love?

If you mean quick to prepare (but not necessarily quick to cook), I'd say a whole roasted chicken.   I can get a chicken from fridge to oven in less than five minutes and it's delicious an hour and a half later. 

I'm thinking organic everything.. With like maybe mashed patayoes cooked in a crockpot or pressure cooker. Then some gravy. Or cooking some rice in a pressure cooker thing then adding some home cooked chili for gravy/sauce mix with beans. And tossing in some vegetables and some meat/protein of choice and whatever else you can think of. Then you can just get some things that you can put them in that you can freeze them in. Like whatever Tupperware that could hold it with a lid. So if you are feeling lazy it will be made. And if you don't feel like cooking you won't have to force yourself to go to the store or anything or cook when you don't want to. If you make some time and just do it when you feel like it. Then when you are running low again. Like to the last little bit or so. It's time to start thinking of getting some more ingredients and cooking again as soon as possible and when you feel like it. 

Beans on toast with cheese on the toast!

bolognaise is pretty easy.

• KTJoe

Purdue frozen chicken patties or nuggets; I usually bake'em or fry. Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits and a green salad. I like keeping my freezer stocked with patties and nuggets. Also include dipping sauce like ketchup, BBQ sauce, or French dressing.

instant ramen (any ramen brand). I add egg, scallions, broccoli, pork slices (or you can put beef, beef tendon, chicken, or tripe), baby bok choy, and sometimes mushrooms. they all get thrown in the pot wait ~20 mins and done! most of these veggies are frozen (and chopped) and can be found in any store. also cheap. pork slices and bok choy i buy at a Chinese grocery store near my house. I know i its not the legit ramen but makes cheap ramen packets fun and flavorful. 

Greek Chicken

In a large skillet,, sautee chicken breasts until browned, then cut diagonally to cook the rest of the way, adding two minced garlic cloves.

Add a large undrained can of diced tomatoes

Add 1/4 cup +/- of sliced sundried tomatoes (optional)

Add as many black kalimata pitted olives as you like

Serve over linguini

Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese

Garnish with a generous amount of sliced scallions. Pepper to taste. Remember, olives add salt, so taste before salting.

Ready to eat in 25 minutes. Add or subtract ingredient quantity as you wish, but don't skimp on the canned tomatoes as that makes a great addition to the linguini.

Make enough for leftovers!

Veg sandwich and banana shake.

• Jane

I'm a big fan of quick and easy! It depends on what I have available. I try and make sure I've got things around that are adaptable, like eggs, rice, pasta, noodles, cheese, veg, fish, mince, plus herbs and spices to liven things up. Faves at the moment are fluffy omelettes, stir fry veg and noodles, steak and salad, cheesy beans on toast, home-made burgers ( really quick! Just make mince into patties and grill, bun, whatever you want to add, frozen chips), spicy couscous etc.

Also love my slow cooker- it's quick and easy to get things ready to put in eg. chicken thighs, tinned tomatoes, sliced peppers, spices, then just leave it all day- dinner ready when you get home.

• John

Our version of quesadilla. Put down a tortilla, yesterday's meat, beans, green chile, cheese. throw in microwave and  then top with avocado and tomato..... Or many variations.

• kswck2

Mac and cheese.