Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 3 weeks ago

I think I got my identity stolen help??

im 19 and I have an amazon account I had multiple cards on it but they were all old and turned off it that makes sense. Since the summer I've gotten random things from amazon shipped to my house. I have 2 amazon accounts one that I haven't used in a while and forgot about with all my old cards & then the one I use. Today I received another package from amazon that I didn't purchase under my name. I remembered about this old account I log in see the purchases its under 2 cards with my name and address but they aren't mine. Im pretty sure my identity is stolen but I have no clue what to do I called amazon and they were no help, also could I take any legal action and possibly sue amazon? I never got any emails or anything about those purchases or even if anyone logged into my account

• Jay

Are you getting bills for the stuff that is being sent to your house?  If yes..'Identity'..if no  someone has made a mistake.  You can contact the shipper and return them

You don't seem to grasp what happens when your identity is stolen. You get BILLs, not stuff. You are getting stuff but no bills. The stuff is yours to keep.

The time to worry is when you get bills.

Start by telling the card companies that the cards under your name aren't yours.  And change the password on the Amazon accounts.