Alex asked in HealthMen's Health · 3 weeks ago

lips are constantly dry and constantly need the toilet.?

I'm 22, male, I've suffered the last three or four years with chronic dry lips. The pain and hardening never ever ever ends. If I apply balm, they only get drier and more painful now. The stress of keeping it up two years ago was worse than just dealing with the soreness to begin with. When my lips become dry, I feel a tingle in my bladder to need a wee. CONSTANTLY. It's extremely impactful in my day to day life to the point where Im probably going to need multiple doctors appointments till they find a fix. or permanent relief. I have been before and they said I haven't got a UTI through a piss sample so I just nodded my head and continued suffering. I don't understand why I have to live with this. I cannot work, sleep, relax, do anything with these things. Needing the toilet when I don't actually go, combined with dry lips happens always at the same time. I'm generally healthy and workout regularly too. My top part of my top lip is also always dry.

First I would get a good check up ha to toe and explain your problems to your GP and for the dry lips balm that is on market is mostly wax content (for that i have used valaline) it works great!

The two are not likely related. If you've seen a GP and had lab work done, any obvious problem would've shown up. So you might need to see a urologist for the urinary issue.

As for dry lips, that could have a simpler solution. Most commercial lip balms like Chapstick & Carmex contain substances like camphor, wax, menthol & alcohol which actually dry out the skin. They make the problem worse, bcuz the more often you apply it, the more you'll need.  Switch to a natural lip balm like plain cocoa butter or a coconut oil stick. Palmer's is a good brand and they make both types.

stop all medicines/drugs that you may be taking

Get yourself checked for Type 2 Diabetes. When your bladder is over-active you end up dehydrating yourself.  Have you had your Thyroid function checked recently?

Try seeing a dermatologist for your lips.

u may need to see a dermatologist. I get dry lips so i use a moisteriser, lip balms etc don't work