Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Can't speak suddenly, anxiety?

Hello! I was diagnosed with anxiety a while ago, but I've been having panic attacks or 'sudden system errors' more recently. I've been trying to cut down my stress, but in the meantime, I wanted to know if it's normal to be unable to speak after an attack? My throat tightens up and my chest hurts a ton, and whenever I try to speak during one it's usually a single word through gritted teeth and tears pour out of my eyes. I tried looking it up for advice, but couldn't find anything. What's worse is that after my attacks it takes me a good two hours at least before I can start speaking again. It's driving me nuts, and while my boss doesn't mind at all and just rolls with it, I want to be able to communicate better during these moments, even if they are far and few between for the most part. Any advice?

maybe you should go to the er if youre having chest pains, it might not have anything to do with chest pains