Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 3 weeks ago

Would a judge send you to jail for the first time misdemeanor public indecency? ?

If you are getting counseling and and prosecutor doesn’t want you there and you are succeeding in life. 

• Rick

If those things are true, and you have a lawyer, you`re likely in good shape.  Just hope that the Judge isn`t having a really terrible day!  Just kidding.  I was a Criminal Investigator for our Public Defender`s Office for 15 yrs.  Unless you have some kind of aggravated Public (Pubic) Indecency charge, and don`t screw anything up, you`ll be okay.  My State, Illinois, has something called Court Supervision.  It`s like informal Probation.  At the successful end of it your case would basically be dismissed with no criminal record.  Just make sure you have a lawyer!  Super important!!!

I doubt it. Judges tend to be lenient on first time anything, particularly if it is a misdemeanor and you're doing something about it. 

For a first offense misdemeanor? No you will probably just get a fine, community service, or light probation. 

depends on the judge