Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

If God is real, why won't He let me be with the guy I like, even though I've prayed?

I really like this guy at my school, and I prayed to God, "Let me be with him." But I'm not with him yet; he doesn't like me. They say never doubt the power of prayer, so why won't my prayer come true?

Sometimes the answer to prayer is "no".

Same happened to me.

Asked him for a pushbike once, when I was a brainwashed little catholic kid.. Didn't get one!

Well not until Santa gave me one about 2 years later..!

At least SANTA'S real, and gives you what you ask for.. :)

Very often in such situations, a truth about the crush comes out, and the person praying ends up actually thanking God for NOT answering their prayer as requested.

Recall that God answered one of Paul's prayers with a big fat "NO", not because he just wanted to be ornery, but because he feared complying with his request could jeopardize his salvation (2Cor 12:7-9).  When you have children one day, you'll actually yourself get to witness them sometimes asking for things that you know would hurt them, and they don't even realize it.Rather than you making the entire choice of a mate yourself, why not let God in on the action (ref Mt 19:6)?  Instead, be praying to God for a good Christian man, a nice looking one who is a perfect match for you.  It may be that God has someone better in mind for you, and thus doesn't want you to be unnecessarily distracted with this guy.  Good luck and God bless.

God doesn't work that way. He will give you what you prayed for at the right time, it doesn't work like the delivery of the soap you've ordered online. Keep praying, and one day your prayers will come true. I'm sure he's preparing you for something more. He's a generous God, lets you wait, then gives you more than what you asked for, you just have to believe and be patient.

God isn't real. Prayer accomplishes literally nothing.

No gods exist.  Hope that helps.

I've been through something similar. I feel your pain, hon.

If he doesn't like you, perhaps you should spend less time praying and more time rectifying the reason(s) why he doesn't like you.

You should only pray for the well being of others, and for spiritual guidance; never for vain and shallow sh.t such as a temporary relationship.

Source(s): Not a theist, yet I believe this.
  • He's a troll.