Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 4 weeks ago

Is it too weird an adult likes to play Mario Kart in free time?

I still find Mario and Luigi too cute. 

No, I'm 26 and play those games. I enjoy other games on other consoles too but, i do play them less because sometimes they're too hard and competitive. A game like Mario Kart is fun to play by myself or with other people. They're easier and fun to play :) 

• 1 week ago

Not at all. Especially if you grew up with it.

When I was in middle school and high school, Nintendo Power Magazine came out and it was popular. in one of the earliest issues from 1988 if I remember right, there was a pic of a plumber holding a SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 cartridge. The man was a fan. No, it's not weird being an adult Mario franchise fan. I've expressed interest in Mario franchise games and characters even years since I've been out of school and have been using the internet, though I haven't played any console games in years.

Not at all nothing is weird for an adult to like playing any Mario games for that matter. I still love Nintendo games and will continue to play them because I like them!

Not at all. I'm 44 and I was playing Diablo 3 last night. Tonight I'll probably be playing Skyrim 

No of course not, you can choose what you want to do.

What??? So what.. It's something social to do.. Were you can bound and have fun.. And stuff like that. I personally don't see nothing wrong with it. 

Absolutely not! Before covid me and my friends would go round each other’s and have mario cart night and get pizza best going out any day of the week 😂

not at all! everyone has their interests. many adults play video games in their spare time, and nintendo is nostalgic for a lot of people. you do you!

• Raditz

Before the whole lockdown started, me and several of my co-workers often played Mario Kart on the arcades, where it has 4-player multiplay feature. We played for several times during the break, and it was really fun.

So I don't see why people are seeing something fun as "weird", unless its something that they didn't like, and they hate when there are people who enjoyed it.

Some things from our childhood are good to visit and help keep us young. I listen to the same music and still like playing video games like I did when I was a kid, except now I don't have anyone yelling at me to turn it down.