Amanda asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 2 months ago

Over a million people have died from the virus.  Why is it racist to call it the Chinese virus when it all started in China by Chinese?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Trump does not just call it the Chinese virus. He calls it the CHINA virus. Sort of like calling a Chinese person a Chinaman. It is a racist term to deliberately call it the China virus, just as racist as to call a person a Chinaman. I bet you he won't call the Spanish flu the SPAIN flu. It is a deliberate attempt to incite violence to call it the China virus. 

Further, he does not just do name calling. He is blaming all those deaths that he failed to prevent the fault of the WHO and the Chinese government not informing him. It is a lie because he knew back in January that the virus is deadly and can be transmitted through the air. That is 2 months before the first deaths happened in the USA.  He chose to ignore the threat. He is still ignoring the threat by holding super spreader rallies without face masks. He is telling his supporters that the pandemic is over and that face masks do not work. Not only is he a racist, he is also responsible for all those virus deaths by deliberately doing things that can spread it. . 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because the whole point is to assign blame.  Trump wants to divert from the fact he's grossly incompetent and has no clue what to do.

• 2 months ago

Only liberal Democrats call it racist. It was developed in China by Chinese, leaked out of a Chinese lab, spread over a large portion of China, and was sent throughout the world by tourists returning from China. I'd sure call it the China Flu.

• Dj2541
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The Spanish Flu was called that because the  first reporters  were  Spanish  but it  actually had  nothing to do with Spain!!

BUT the  Covid 19 has  everything to do with a Corrupt Totalitarian CHINA!!  So i think that calling it the  China Virus is acceptable!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • -
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It's not racist. You can call it what ever you want. The rest of the world calls it Covid-19.  Last century the BIG one that killed 50 million was called the Spanish flu.

To say it was started by the Chinese is ignorance. 

• S
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

many countries have done better than Trump's america. It's the Trump virus in USA.

• hihi!
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is the CONTEXT under which the term "China virus" was created. It was said with intent to inflame Chrump's uneducated supporters' undying love for their idol. 

• Rick
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

seems logical to me, but, I'm not a friend of China's either.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.