Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 3 weeks ago

Why can't I play online games?

Ok so, my internet is just fine. Sometimes not the best, but it mostly works just fine. However, whenever I try to play online server games, I get kicked out. This happens no matter what device I use. This only happens whenever it's my internet I'm playing on. For example, I can't play among us. I have to use my mobile data, or else I get kicked out mid round. Every time. How can I fix this?

• Raditz

That's probably because your internet's firewall is set to strict (or NAT 3 type), which makes it pretty much unplayable.

You need to contact your ISP for this matter, since they're the ones who set it on the first place. Do remind that there's a chance they would ask for more money to do it, so be wary about this.

If your current ISP won't change your NAT, or they asked for an unreasonable amount of money, then you might want to pressure them by threatening thay you're going to use other ISPs instead.

But of course, you need to do research first with the other ISPs, like if they're using NAT 2 type, and of course the speed & price, since all your efforts is wasted if they're also using NAT 3, or they're more expensive than your current one.