Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 weeks ago

Can I go out and film whatever I like in Public ?

What if its a Private Property/Land and I am standing in Public Space, can I film it ?

What about a busy park with lots of people having picnics, playing with their dogs etc, can I film that ? 

What about a busy super market, if i stand in the car park can I film it ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Katy M
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

In the US yes.  In the supermarket scenario, it depends on who owns the parking lot.  But, since you say car park, I'm thinking UK.  They have stricter privacy laws there, I think.

• 4 weeks ago

Ii public, yes.  On private property you own, yes.  On someone else's private property, yes with permission.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Laws depend on country

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

In public, there is no expectation of privacy.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Invasion of privacy.  People have a reasonable expectation to privacy.  So, the question is what is reasonable.  Which comes down to individual situations and conditions.   For example, if you are in a public park and video your relatives and there is some stranger in the background, it is reasonable to video him.  If you are in the street and videoing a woman taking a sun bath in her back yard, it is not reasonable to video her.  In fact that is a crime and will get you arrested.  Also, check into news reporters.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

the question comes when you make money with those pictures.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

In most places, the answer to all of those questions is yes. As long as you are in a public space, you can film, even if there are other people, or private property in the shot.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.