Is wearing a mask important?

I believe it is, I do not leave my house without one, but I want to know what the general consensus of Yahoo answers thinks.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Yes. If you want to protect yourself from Covid-19.

• T J
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yes it is very important to wear one. Every top doctor advises it. My own doctors wear and will not let you into the office unless you wear one, so I will wear one, if others do not, thats on them.

• 2 months ago

COVID is out there, but it is not everywhere. {Maybe 1 in 1,000 people is currently a carrier.} Masks do not stop all of the germs of an infected person because of poor fit, thin material (I suffocate if the mask is too thick), people take off masks outside, etc. Masks only stop about 20% of incoming germs. Good for you.

• 2 months ago

It's very important. If you cough or sneeze, or even breathe, all the droplets of your saliva which could potentially contain the virus if you're infected, are contained inside of the mask. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jim2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It absolutely is, mostly to protect others from you and to some extent to protect yourself.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.