Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 2 months ago

What does it sound like my grandmother died from?

I want atheists opinions.  

She was 78 years old with a family history of heart disease. On June 5, 2020, it was discovered that she had multiple blockages in her heart and would require a bypass surgery, but she wouldn't strong enough to survive it.

Instead, the doctors opted to try to place multiple stents in her heart. The surgery was on June 8, 2020, and she had severe complications. Each time they went to place a stent her "artery/valve would collapse" and eventually her heart rate became very unstable. They then called in another cardiac specialist and they placed a balloon pump in her heart and in the end they were only able to place one stent in her heart.

On June 12, 2020, she was released from the hospital and on June 23, 2020, after experiencing chest pains and shortness of breath she had cardiac tests performed and it was discovered that her heart was in very bad shape. She had a pulmonologist appointment scheduled for the next day (June 24th) but she collapsed and lost consciousness on that morning while at her home.

Her roommate called 911 and she had no vitals by the time that the paramedics arrived she was rushed to the hospital and they were unable to get her heart beat back and she was pronounced dead shortly after arriving.

What killed her?  

I have no idea what not believing in supernatural gods has to do with medicine

Given her history of severe coronary artery disease & "collapse with no regain in consciousness" my top guesses are...

Sudden cardiac arrest (arrythmia), heart attack, or congestive heart failure exacerbation. All of which lead to cardiogenic shock, which would lead to inadequate blood flow to the brain and subsequent death.

• Mr. P

As a pagan I would say it was her time to go.

Medicine has advanced to a stage that it is possible to keep people alive a lot longer than they would naturally be. But that does not mean that they or anyone benefits from this. Many just serve another 5 years in a nursing home or become a worry for their children.

I believe she died from heart failure, which started before any operations. The procedures were trying to repair the problem, but was a bit like patching up a rotten roof. You replace one bit and another bit will fail.

Cherish the time you had together and do not regret the method of her passing.

• Noddy

Insufficient blood supply to the brain and other vital organs most likely..

Although it was probably due to the heart condition, her death certificate will show the cause of death.

Old age and heart disease.

Given all the complications of her surgery it was only a matter of time as her heart was a n bad shape

Probably the cumulative effects of high blood pressure.

• Tavy

The arteries leading to her heart (which pump blood) were badly blocked. They could not be widened enough to fit a stent. The one they did fit could not pump enough blood to keep her heart pumping.

She died from coronary heart disease.

I'm in the UK and have no idea about your wish for aethiests options, I'm speaking from experience.

Both my parents, aunt and grandmother died from the same condition.

Actually Gregkal is the typical mainstream American Christian.  He lies with the best of them, and worships Trump.

What killed her are your misguided questions 

that belong in a different category.