Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

How do I know herbal supplements won't harm me?

• 3 days ago

Best private label wholesale CBD https://theemeraldcorp.com/

depending on your ill side effects sweetheart 

It depends which supplements and how much you take. 

Look then up online to see the benefits and check the side effects, but most have no side effects. 

If you are in the US, there is an organisation USP which will at least test the supplement and make sure that the supplement contains what is on the label and the amount which are on the label. Which is the first step of a supplement being safe. It is very common for supplements to not contain what is claimed on the label, some even contain medications. 

If a supplement is USP verified, at least you can trust the label. 

Still you don't know whether the ingredients are safe otherwise. Many herbs can interact with medications. Generally I would not recommend herbal supplements since their active ingredient(s) is usually not standardized. Depending where a plant grown and under what condition can influence how much of the chemical which works gets synthesized. Then plants have lots of other chemicals in them, you don't know what those do. Basically herbs are dirty drugs of unknown dosage. Better than if you have nothing. But not as predictable as drugs. 

If you have access to a pharmacy and doctor, I would highly recommend to go with prescription drugs if you need them, and not take things you don't. 

That isn't saying that there aren't a lot of herbs used in cooking we can't enjoy!

You don't, really. You're trusting that the manufacturer didn't just go out and pick some random toadstools and put them into pills.

just try them, they never harmed me

just try them or ask your doctor about it, ive taken them and it didnt harm me

You don't, conventional medicine can have side effects too, usually they have been tested and it's found most people don't get negative effects, not all. Stick to a reputable alternative health store.

Take it and see what happens.