Need help with my computer?

Everytime I update my graphics driver, my taskbar works but nothing I click on opens until I restart the computer. Any idea why? Is my computer broke?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I don't see the problem if this only happens after a driver update. It's a problem if this happens after a half an hour after your system has been turned on. I've seen all kinds of weird thing happen after a hardware driver update so I'm not quite sure what your expectations are.

It's customary to reboot the PC after a driver update or Windows update. It's kinda like doing the dishes after dinner, or flushing the toilet after you do your business.

• Shadow
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It's normally recommended to always restart your computer after installing and/or updating drivers in order to refresh the services and running tasks on the system.

• Ronald
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Probably it is a driver issue. Uninstall it and install it again. At first attempt revoke any updates you made. I hope this will work for you.

• 1 month ago

No, Not broken your computer just restart your computer.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not broken.  It just has to go to the beginning to load up correctly and completely.  That is what restart does.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not broken.  It just has to go to the beginning to load up correctly and completely.  That is what restart does.

• 1 month ago

You need to change screen resolution. Choose recommended (what your system recommends) screen resolution and it will fix the issue.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Graphics driver update affects the display. Nothing is wrong if everyone operates correctly after re-boot.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Revert to the old driver, the one that worked perfectly before and stop updating drivers unless they really are broken.

• 1 month ago

Many updates require a restart to finalise the process. Nothing to worry about.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.