Need help with my computer?

Everytime I update my graphics driver, my taskbar works but nothing I click on opens until I restart the computer. Any idea why? Is my computer broke?

I don't see the problem if this only happens after a driver update. It's a problem if this happens after a half an hour after your system has been turned on. I've seen all kinds of weird thing happen after a hardware driver update so I'm not quite sure what your expectations are.

It's customary to reboot the PC after a driver update or Windows update. It's kinda like doing the dishes after dinner, or flushing the toilet after you do your business.

• Shadow

It's normally recommended to always restart your computer after installing and/or updating drivers in order to refresh the services and running tasks on the system.

• Ronald

Probably it is a driver issue. Uninstall it and install it again. At first attempt revoke any updates you made. I hope this will work for you.

No, Not broken your computer just restart your computer.

Not broken.  It just has to go to the beginning to load up correctly and completely.  That is what restart does.

You need to change screen resolution. Choose recommended (what your system recommends) screen resolution and it will fix the issue.

• A.J.

Graphics driver update affects the display. Nothing is wrong if everyone operates correctly after re-boot.

• keerok

Revert to the old driver, the one that worked perfectly before and stop updating drivers unless they really are broken.

Many updates require a restart to finalise the process. Nothing to worry about.