Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

Is it okay for my neighbours to steal flowers from my garden ?

My neighbours and passers by with kids keep taking my flowers from my front garden which is private I don't think this is right what can.be done 

I went in my garden today to check on plants a rough looking older  lady cycled by with her kid avd said in a nasty threatening manner watch that lady better not touch her plants 

• Mr. P

Plant more so they there are enough for everyone.

Take it as a complement that they are good enough.

Or put a sign up saying "Flowers 50c each". - that way they can pay you for them or it is theft.

• kswck2

IF a four year old raids your garden, tell the parents who will be mortified and apologize profusely.  For older kids, give them the garden hose treatment. 

NO WAY!!! Tell them to stop, if you don't like it do what you can to make them stop

Put the dogs on them.

not at all...What can be done..... think about trespass laws and nasty well trained dogs

• garry

depends if you leave the flowers to die , or pick them yourself for the kitchen or lounge , as long as there being used , they can help themselves .

Take off some of the flower heads and crazy glue them onto weeds...all gardens has weeds.  That way they will be helping you while they are trespassing. Otherwise plant closer to the house, not near the road.  Leave that for the dandelion stretch.

That is horrible and it is theft!

I would create a whimsical sign that says

"SMELL THE FLOWERS...PLEASE DON'T PICK THEM!"

I would flip out if people were taking off with flowers from my garden! To me, that is like stealing vegetables from a garden! Not nice!

have THEM ARRESTED FOR TESSPASSING...

Your property, your flowers. That is stealing. Put out a sign or move them, trim them back, or set up a guard wall around them.