Do you also hate, when they call dollars "bucks"?? I think this is a disrespectful and slangy way to address a currency!?

Nope. Money is money ...........

• Erik

Nope, and if you let little things like that bother you, you'll never be happy.

Does your currency have feelings and emotions?  This is the same idiot that was advocating rape 2 years ago as long as she was 18.

That's so wrong!!!!  How are they allowed to do this?  We must rename the Milwaukee Bucks and also the Tampa Bay Bucs (Buccaneers) to avoid all association with this racist idea!!!!

I don’t feel a need to show respect for an inanimate object such as a dollar. It’s a piece of paper that happens to have value to purchase other items. Its a dollar, a buck, or whatever else I feel like calling it. 

• Robert

So I suppose a quarter is no longer "two bits"? 

It's a charming thing that Americans do. I like it.

I too am offended on currency's behalf. We should start a social movement to curb this horrible abuse of free speech. 

Nope, because there's a hundred different slang words in regards to currency and they've been around for the longest time. Bucks, moolah, Benjamins/Abrahams or whoever is on the face of the bill. It's not at all disrespectful.

It's a way to refer to dollars in casual conversation. If you have a problem with it then don't use it. 

"Buck is an informal reference to $1 that may trace its origins to the American colonial period when deer skins (buckskins) were commonly traded for goods."