My wireless mouse skips when I move it. I try cleaning the lense and the battery is good. Is my mouse getting old?

My wireless mouse skips when I move it. I try cleaning the lens and the battery is good. Is my mouse getting old?

Is the receiver in "line of sight" to the mouse? If there is any metal in the way that can cause problems with the radio link, as they use such low power.

I always put the USB dongles for wireless mice & keyboards on a USB extension cable & position them somewhere just below or behind the monitor, so the receiver gets a good signal.

That's the commonest problem I've seen. The other one is using a mouse mat intended for a mechanical mouse, that has a reflective, grooved or 3D image type surface.

A medium to dark surface with a fine pattern is best for optical mice.

replace the mouse driver as first step

When you use the mouse, lay it down onto the mousepad, with no space between! It's a bad habit to get into.

You may have to take off the back cover and clean the small rollers, as lint builds up in them causing the mouse to lose control.

• Bill-M

What are you using for a mouse pad???   Plain Flat Back is the Best.