Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 1 month ago

Is my boyfriend cheating on me? I found this..?

He gave me his email cause he needed me to check sth for him while he was on vacation without internet.. anyways, a couple of times.. I found there were gmail ads about dating websites and sex chat rooms. I read once that google ads are related to your activity and search.. etc. Does that mean he might be cheating?? Please help

Not necessarily.  I get upto a dozen of these types of adverts every single day, and I am NOT cheating on my wife.  (I also get adverts for breast enlargement procedures, sexual enhancement drugs, penis enlargement methods, and a whole host more.)

Edit: I've just, this very minute, checked my inbox and there are 3 more similar adverts.  One of them states, "Let's get together" and the other 2 straight up say that the spambot wants to f***.

• 1 day ago

Definitely not. I get that as spam in my spam mail and I'm a heterosexual female and I still get stuff like "Amy wants to meet you for casual sex"

in my spam folder. Anyway you can't blame any man for occasionally being curious about what free porn is out there when everyone knows there is so much porn online so that's not cheating and as long as he's not obsessively watching porn all the time the odd curious moment shouldn't be a big deal or something to have a relationship blow up over. And even when I was happily married I once checked out a dating site out of pure curiosity to see what was out there with ZERO intention of doing anything just curious to see what men would be on there. Didn't sign up for it just looked at what you could see for free. Then it was really horrible when my husband died a short time after and dating site ads came up.

I get them too.  In fact I showed them to my wife.  She thought it was funny when I said "this kind of crap clutters my email box!"

• Cody

Do you recognize any of these sites AKA "are they the big dating sites?". If they are not, they are probably a bunch of spam adds taking you to a site to try to steal your credit card info. Your boyfriend probably signed up for one of those games you see adds for (maybe not you) that say "bet you cant last 5 minutes". You would be amazed how may sexy singles in my area loose interest in me when I do a virus scan.

Source(s): Deleted browser history

No, its called spam. I get porn ads if I'm looking for streaming video or sports. Anything 'dodgy' will attract porn ads. If he had secrets he wouldn't have given you his email

• Cathy

He is cheating on you.  Give him extra head so that he will stop cheating.

• Shadow

There are a lot of ads and spam that is going around regarding sex, hook ups, dating websites and special creams, pills and so on. It does not mean that he is searching for that stuff.

Unless you find actual evidence or you notice him becoming distant or his personality change, you don't need to worry.

Adult site spam is in absolutely everyone's inbox.  

Young men do have sex curiosity and he may have browsed such sites at one point, but that doesn't, in itself, mean anything. I receive ads, as do many men,  to meet eligible women and have never visited such sites, so it's possible he receives these ads from random picking of single men for the ads. I suggest you consider all your other experiences with him, and consider also that he trusted you with his email account - which says a lot about his trust in you. I think there's nothing here.

He could just be viewing porn and visiting men's web sites. Totally the target audience for that kind of ad.