Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 month ago

i feel ugly. i know this problem is shallow but ive always wondered what it feels like to be pretty.?

i wonder what it feels like to like how u look like and look at the mirror and liking what u see. i have persistent acne because of my oily skin. i did everything and changed my diet, quit dairy, went to the dermatologist spent hundreds of dollars on accutane but my acne always comes back. it breaks my heart because i just wanna feel pretty. my sister’s very pretty and she’s naturally talented and smart.. im none of those. i know this is very shallow but i hope someone understands me. i look ugly bc of my acne and since it is so persistent, ik i have to accept that i’ll be ugly for the rest of my life. i just dont know where to start. it breaks my heart

To be honest, even people that we view as beautiful often have felt the same way about themselves. We are our own worst critics.

As far as clearing up your acne, it takes a lot of trial and error, as you have found out. I still get some acne now, but it's not as bad as it used to be. I tried everything. Neutrogena cleansers always overdried my skin, plus they have added fragrance in them as well, which can irritate your skin even more. I tried Cllinique, but it just didn't do anything for me, and ProActiv really dried out my skin too.

I finally tried Curology last year in March, and the formula that they gave me was perfect for me. I explained that I didn't want any retinoids because they really irritated my skin in the past, and they listened and hooked me up with what they thought would be best. My skin cleared up significantly within about three months. It didn't irritate my skin or dry it out at all, and I stopped using it after about one full year and just stuck to my cleansing routine. Like I said, I still do get some acne, but it isn't super horrible.I've also started taking vitamins as well, and I think that has helped some.

The person saying that you shouldn't wear makeup isn't completely correct. You can still wear makeup, but just make sure you thoroughly cleanse your face afterwards. I started wearing makeup after I got acne. It did not make my acne worse, but it just kind of stayed the same. I have had some makeup that broke me out a little bit, but not all makeup is created equal, and not everybody's skin handles it the same.

You can't really go off of what everyone else has tried and think that it will work immediately for you, because we are all so unique. I had stopped wearing makeup for a long time, and would only use it once in a while and was still getting breakouts, so I already knew my makeup wasn't exacerbating my acne; I am just unfortunately acne-prone and oily, much like you are.

I have more or less nailed down my routine with products that don't seem to bother my skin as much, and I am a lot happier with it than I used to be.

When you wake up every morning, wash your face with cold water and dry it off. You are a very beautiful person and I'm sure your acne will clear off eventually. Also, if you are wearing makeup often try to stop, because it clogs your pores and causes acne.

(the water really does work, I tried it and it helps a lot but you have to do it every day)

You may never be beautiful - very few people are  - but the acne will clear up eventually.

ugly or beauty, both are out of your control bcz Almighty has created you by his own wish. Now as the Almighty has created you by his wish so you are undoubtedly beautiful bcz he always does the good things😇😇

girl its ok i have the same problem but not as bad, i just cover it with makeup. hope that helps <3

Please, do not hate me because I am beautiful.

Pretty girls are despicable people high maintenance.

Look, not everyone is meant to be a goddamned masterpiece like me. Just buy some swanky clothes, pucker your asshole, and be motherfuckin bulletproof. Then you'd ALMOST feel like me on the daily. 

maybe it is something u will just grow out of. Have you tried procative? I know it can be  hormonal.

Why are you so obsessed with acne? This is like the third question that's involving acne. 

Do you have an acne fetish? You didnt really ask a question and I didnt bother to read all that.