HDR monitor too sharp?

Hey guys :) i have a question,  i have the AOC AGON AG273QCX, 27, and i love it to bits ! But there is a big problem , everytime i switch to HDR mode, either it is ingame hdr switch , or on desktop mode, the screen becomes VERY SHARP , not pleasing to the eye, and there is no setting in the monitor settings that allows me to make it less sharp , every gaming mode is also TOO sharp , so i use the standart one, is there a way to battle the sharpness for this monitor ? i love it too much to sell it :(

Update:

I have a 1080 ti with water cooling, i use maxed out aa. Its not about graphic quality but about actual sharpness of the image.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Get farther away or lower the resolution.

• Lv 7
    1 month ago

you should get a better graphics card.

monitors don't have sharpness controls, because they are nothing butvdumb displays. TVs used to need them, because they are analog, but monitors are always digital, and display pixels (dots) on a grid.

what you are asking about is referred to as "smoothing" or "anti-aliasing", and mostly is something the game itself should do.

if the game doesn't support it, then check the graphics card settings.

one more thing, i feel like i should point out that AOC are very cheap monitors, and far from what i would call "top-of-the-line". if you want better quality video, you cannot just buy cheap equipment, and complain when it doesn't perform...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.