Jack asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 2 months ago

Chrome Web Store Malware Virus?

I was just doing some work on my computer and i got a tab that popped down saying there was dangerous malware in three game extensions i had downloaded. I immediately removed and deleted them but im extremely nervous that something bad could have happened. How do i know this is not the case?

PLEASE HELP QUICKLY. I dont know anything about computers and i am freaking out

When I say that some thing could have happened I’m referring to getting the data from my computer or my IP address, things like that

• Enigma

google is actively involved in removing apps and browser extensions that contain malware and spyware from their chrome web store. download a free anti-virus from the web store and scan your chromebook for such.

• ?

by "something bad happened", what do you mean?

that could literally refer to anything. without knowing what you are looking for (or what extension it was) there is no way to tell what COULD have happened.

what you are asking is the same as walking into a doctor's office and asking if there is anything that COULD be wrong with you. the answer will ALWAYS be yes. but without knowing the symptoms, you just come off looking like a hypochondriac...