Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 month ago

Is it true that the longer you live, the stronger is the gravitational pull you experience?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

no , gravity doesnt vary , stay the same all you life but your body changes ..

• 1 month ago

Only if you gain weight.

• 1 month ago

No

At my age my knees just get wonky

• neb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I suspect you are actually asking about gravitational time dilation. So, if you live in a strong gravitational, you will live longer than someone in a weak gravitational field (it’s relative). The effect is miniscule for planetary and solar gravitational fields, but becomes very large near a black hole.

It’s probably better to say age at a slower rate in a strong gravitational field compared to weak. However, your lifespan according to you as recorded by your watch will be the same regardless of gravitational field.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Well, it may seem that way, but... I think that's just age.  Gravity's strength depends on the mass; Earth's mass doesn't change significantly enough to feel, but *your* mass might... (Since COVID hit, mine certainly has...) 

• 1 month ago

Actually -- it's the fatter you become, the stronger is the gravitational pull you experience .

When you're older , the gravitational force on you doesn't change , you just find it more difficult to resist .

• J P
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It's more about the muscles' diminishing ability to push my /-\$$ up, I think.

• ANDY
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

As we age, the time we will have spent on Earth is much longer than, say, a twenty-year-old person. Gravity is always pulling us down towards the center of the Earth. So in time, the thickness of the disks between the vertebrae will decrease, albeit so little but having many of them could account for a couple of centimeters or more. So eventually you are shorter when you get old, but actually you don't realize it until you measure your height.

This is one way to say that the longer you live, the "more" the gravitational pull will have affected you during the years.

• No, the gravity force is always constant

• 1 month ago

I didn’t experience gravitational pull when I fell hard down the steps last night. It doesn’t exist.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.