Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Random Vomiting?

I woke up in the middle of the night at 4 AM and had a really bad stomach ache. I started dry heaving and only a small amount of throw up came out and then I stopped but still have an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

I have no idea what this could be. Because of coronavirus, me and my boyfriend pretty much do not go anywhere unless necessary. If we do go anywhere we wear a proper mask and sanitize. So I have no idea how I could have possibly gotten sick if thats what it is.

I have severe health anxiety and am always worrying I have cancer or something, so this random vomiting is only fueling that. My anxiety has never made me throw up before though, in fact I have a huge fear of vomiting so my body normally does everything it can to prevent that from happening. So I really dont think that it’s anxiety.

Anyone else ever experience this? I ate the same things as usual and my boyfriend also ate the same as me and he’s fine. So I dont think it could be that.

The only thing I can think of is I had to double up on my birth control dose last night, which I have done many times before without reaction. Do you think that could be it? What could cause random vomiting and when should I worry?

Also, I am a 21 year old female in good physical health as far as I know.

I’m not pregnant either 

• ?

Maybe you are experiencing bad acid reflux.

The timing of the nausea or vomiting can indicate the cause. When appearing shortly after a meal, nausea or vomiting may be caused by food poisoning, gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining), an ulcer, or bulimia. Nausea or vomiting one to eight hours after a meal may also indicate food poisoning.