Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 1 month ago

Do you believe that marks/grades that sports journalists&pundits give to judge the performances of footballers for each game are accurate?

• Adam

No, depends on the journalists view of the game. Ratings are also influenced by the way you think the game should be played. Yes a bad performance is a bad performance and sometimes its clear. However I've seen some where it's like WTF.

Example, a pundit/Journo who only prefers attacking play, will give lower marks to a DM whose sole aim is to break up play, where as a journo who enjoys the tactical battles will give him a higher rating.

Also and this is more among local journalists but I've seen it at higher. Media organisations often have their own agenda and this does influence their rating.

• August

I recon that most rating are copied from one journalist to another because they have not seen the game 

• Petter

No, of course not.