Ben
Lv 6
Ben asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

In savings accounts, the balance can increase or decrease slightly day after day, right?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Oh, definitely, sometimes by as much as several tens of thousands of dollars.   

• RICK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Only if there are small deposits or withdrawals,  otherwise no the balance doesn't vary day to day

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If that's happening by itself, I'd be concerned. If I were making regular deposits and withdrawals I would expect for that to be the case. 

• 2 months ago

There would be no reason to decrease unless you took money out.  Any increase is your deposits and any monthly interest added.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • R P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, that is correct.

The balance will decrease if money is withdrawn from the account.  The balance will increase if money is credited to the account, including interest paid by the bank.

• 2 months ago

Only decreases if you take money out.  Only increases if you put money in, except for once monthly, when any interest you get is added in.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

DO NOT FEED THE BEN TROLL. REPORTED.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

A regular savings account will not decrease in value unless a withdrawal is made. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.