Why do some restaurants survive under COVID 19 restrictions and some do not?

This question is about sit down and tip restaurants, NOT Burger Kings(Fast Food)

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

What do you have against the King? Seems kinda restaurantist on your part.  Shame on you

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Some restaurants chose to stay open for delivery and take-out, or at least close down and reopen with those options, and that put them ahead of the curve.

• 1 month ago

Some operate with better margins, some can't figure it out.

• 1 month ago

Not an answer so much, insight.

There are a LOT of Milwaukee County restaurants in Wisconsin who depend on the MANY festivals during the year which were cancelled.

Many at the Lake Front, but also the Wisconsin State Fair.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Who are survived bcz they were very much careful and kept the social distance, 

• 1 month ago

I think it has a lot to do with the size of the restaurant and if the place can still make a profit at 25% capacity. If the place is big enough to do that then they stay open, if not they close.

• 1 month ago

Some restaurants chose to stay open for delivery and take-out, or at least close down and reopen with those options, and that put them ahead of the curve.

• 1 month ago

it's all about reputation.  if you were reputable before covid, then people are likely to remember that and still patronize you.  If you had a bad reputation, people remember that and those are likely the businesses closing so it's really business 101 coming back. 

• 1 month ago

repeat business, people knowing your still open, more advertising 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It depends.  Some do better at carry-out.  I live in an area that has one large chain restaurant Applebees) and several small locally owned restaurants.  I hear the Applebee's folded - it was big enough that it normally seated around 100 people.  There was no way to make that kind of volume with take-out.  But the small local places that seat 25 or so have done fine.  They haven't had to serve as many people to stay above water.  And us locals patronize the local places for take-out regularly.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.