If I make 17.50 an hour in Michigan?

Hey All. If I make 17.50 in Michigan, full time, 40 hours per week, after taxes, how much will I bring home?

• RICK

Depends on various factors not in evidence, such as filling status, do you live or work or live and work in a city that has an income tax..Example years ago when I lived in Michigan, if you lived and worked in Lansing you paid 1% income tax, if you lived in Lansing but worked elsewhere you paid 0.5% and if, like me, if you lived elsewhere and worked in Lansing you also  paid 0.5%...

You left out EVERYTHING that determines withholding rates.

Paycheckcity.com is a good site to estimate your take home pay.  See link below

40x17.50 minus the taxes.  Without knowing how you filled out w4, hard to know.  Figure you lose 25% ish

We could only guess.  Wait until you get your first pay stub. 

As usual, it depends.  Do you have other deductions besides income taxes? Is there a city tax in addition to the state and federal tax? what did you put on your W-4?