Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Why do so many people in the UK not listen to the government ?

When China tells its citizens to wear a mask, do not attend illegal gatherings and to behave. Guess what, the Chinse don't go onto the streets protesting against 'Draconian measures' or about 'entitlement' or about 'freedoms' and this illusive notion of 'inherent rights', whatever that is. They just behave - partly because they have to yeah, but in the West we are so pompous, pampered, privileged that students have just ignored this pandemic and they are the first ones to moan about 'lock down' affecting their anxiety levels. Western culture is too selfish, obnoxious, entitled and this is typified by men like Piers Corbyn. China had to control 1billion people and did it without fuss. The MET police can't even control Piers Corbyn, a self styled 'conspiracy theorist'.

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

well i have turned off my hearing aid that is why .

no, actually i do not use a hearing aid .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

americans are the same , they have rights .

• 1 month ago

only fools believe the government.

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

That’s the problem with a “free” country. People take it to mean I can do what the f@ck I like. When it all goes t!ts up, it’s the governments fault.

Also, nowadays “beliefs” are considered  to be equally valid as scientific facts are.

Of course it doesn’t help that our government are scientific pygmies ( is that racist or heightist or both?) and the whole Covid 19 episode has been handled worse than a high school science project.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

americans are the same , they have rights .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's a totally different culture. The Chinese are terrified of their government they don't even have proper elections. No wonder people here won't listen to the government when all we get is lies and fudged figures and Minsters breaking the rules continually.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why do so many people in other countries not listen to their government 

• Liberals have had their own way for too long and have been brought up in an undisciplined society so it's no surprise they won't listen to authority. 

In China, the people have been ruled with an iron fist, and therefore obey government directives so our government needs to get tough on dissidents and send them to jail for 12 months for a first offence because fines are not working.  

Concentration camps need to be set up and liberals sent there immediately after conviction.

• Because they're w@nkers, I'm far more concerned about why they don't listen to scientists 

• 1 month ago

I agree we have some strange attitudes when government lays down the law

but these are mostly simpletons that follow David Ike !

On the plus side we are not all choking on industrial fumes

or selling bats and monkey meat or locking up people that don't agree with

government views!

I would rather accept the less educated minority having their bit of freedom.

After all we should all have the freedom to choose, you never know that

minority may one day be right! 

Even the most stupid have the right to freedom.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.