Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Do you believe in alien abductions? Why or why not?

The phenomenon is real...enough in its own way, but its origins are actually not what most people expect

Only the ILLEGAL ONES...

Pure syfy, myths and lore created to entertain or scare people.

The closest stellar system to us is Proxima Centauri and that's 4.3 or so light years away.  Next system is about 10 light years away.  After that we are talking about hundreds, thousands, and even trillions of light years between us and other stellar systems that might have planets with intelligent life that could abduct us.

My point...the universe is a big empty space that is unlikely to be crossed by any life form.  Aliens will simply not be able to get to our planet because of the vast distances.

Considering human scientists collect animal specimen's to study on Earth, it is reasonable human scientists would collect animal specimens (if) discovered on other planets too.  Thus logically speaking, it is reasonable aliens from other planets to do the same when visiting Earth.

• JOHN B

Abductees have been found with implants that naturally connect to nerve endings in the body and emit radio frequencies and magnetic fields that turn off when the implant is removed. These metals are not rejected by the body. Analysis shows that the metallurgical makeup of these metals does not conform to anything known on this planet.

Take it from there.

I don't rule out that the possibility of aliens exists however considering everything going on in the world they probably think this planet is way too dangerous to even consider visiting.  About 20 years ago a friend of mine claims to have been woken up in the middle of the night by a sound outside.  He opened his door and looked up in the sky and saw something unusual.  Next thing he knew he was lying in bed and it was morning.  It could have been just a dream or he was making it up but there has to be other life out there besides us.

• Marvin

I do not believe in abductions at all. I have read the accounts, and the official analysis of some of them.  Sometimes the alleged abductee believes his or her story.  Most of the time the story does not add up.

I believe that many thousands of people have an honest belief that they were abducted by aliens.  I'm agnostic (but open minded) as to what actually caused their experiences because I have no proof one way or another.

• Orla

I believe in them because I am the abductor.  I was sent to your planet four of your earth years ago. Not to harm anyone but to study them.  Your species fascinates us.

• I don't think it's real. I think they just have sleep paralysis which is what I get a few 

times a year and got one last year that was like an "abduction" where it felt like I 

was being dragged out of my bed into a portal in the wall. But I snapped myself out 

of it with knowing I was having a sleep paralysis episode. 

I thought the one's with "demons" were terrifying that one was way worse but once 

I learned what sleep paralysis is and learned how to wake myself up from it. It's one 

of thee most terrifying experience I get. 

I get them when I'm stressed or sleep on my back. 

• kswck2

Those who believe in alien abductions also believe in Honest Politicians, so go figure.