My nail broke and i think im going to die?

Ive had really long acrylic nails for about 2 years now and i've never broken one .. until today. I was getting out of bed, and when i went to push myself up my acrylic bent backwards and took my real nail with it. I thought i was dying. I've been hit by a car but nothing compares to this. theres blood everywhere and it hurts so bad but im pretty sure i still have some nail attached to my skin and i dont know what to do. im sure i probably need to get it taken off but since i can't go to the salon right now how do i take care of it? this is life or death please help

Thirty years ago, I hit the tip of my thumb really hard. Since then (STILL!) the nail on that thumb keeps growing with a split! Very annoying to keep that nail cut really short - but I didn't die. No, you won't either.

ur being dramatic- its just a nail you wont die- just put on some bandages on your finger- its just a nail bro

crazy glue it or duck tape it

It is extremely unlikely that you will die from loss of blood from a finger, but bind it up with a clean cloth or towel etc. Then go to your ER department in your hospital just to make sure that you are not badly injured.

Nail salons are not equipped to deal with that sort of emergency.

yep, its ER time for you...

You definitely don't go to the salon for this issue. The emergency room is more equipped for this.

• I've broken fake nails down to the real nail before, it hurt but it didn't bleed much. 

Let it heal, get the bleeding to stop, put a band aid and some polysporin on it. 

When it has healed and there's less pain, try soaking the nail off in 100 percent acetone, like they do at nail salons when you get them removed. Soak a cotton ball in the acetone and wrap it up in foil. Leave it to soak for 10-15 minutes then gently try to remove the nail. If it's too pain full don't try to remove the nail and put another band aid on it. 

See a doctor, or go to a nail salon when you can.

I think being hit by a car would hurt way more then a broken nail, you're not dying.

• Eva

It's certainly not life or death. Calm down. Go to urgent care to have the nail removed. Your salon can't help you.

• kelvin

this is also the worst case of trolling ever and you want all of us too believe that instead of doing something you thought, hey here is a good excuse to come on here and fail badly at trolling