Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Should i call cops on my mom?

I'm a 22-year-old female, I go to school part-time and I work fulltime. I live with my mom and my older brother. my mom treats me very badly but treats my brother well. I don't understand why but I'm just at a point where I no longer care. Today she threatened me and told me that when she gets back home she will break down my room door and throw out my clothes. if i call the cops what will happen. my name is also on the lease and i pay rent

Depending on where you live the police might show up. They certainly wouldn't for a minor domestic situation like this in my city. But they're not going to arrest your mother for threatening to throw out your clothes (even if you paid for them all yourself). The worst that could happen is that they'd tell you both to knock it off. 

thats up to you, she might end up in jail

• T J

As long as she has not hit you, they cannot do anything. When your lease is up, notify your landlord that you will no longer be renewing your lease. Let mom go figure out where she will live then. Maybe your brother will have to get a job then.

• Tepee

The police will tell you there is nothing they can do unless a crime has been committed.