Uneducated bf belittles my academic achievements?

My bf is a personal trainer and I have just finished my undergrad in economics & international business. I really value my education. My parents are also very educated and both are very successful people in their fields. Both of my parents didn't have much money growing up but they had really supportive parents (except my dad lost his father at 15). I really look up to and admire my parents. 

Anyways, I work hard but I'm not as smart or disciplined as my parents, but I still value education alot and I want to have further education. I am also very open-minded though and I am not judgemental at all. I think there's all types of very hardworking and talented people in all different types of fields and I really value the different types of intelligence used. I give the same respect I would give to a janitor, the same respect to a doctorate. 

My bf calls me spoilt and sometimes implies that I 'got everything handed to me'. My bf comes from a rough home and his father is a construction worker and his mom has an admin desk job. I respect his job as I value fitness and training too (I like to workout too) but he sometimes belittles my academic achievements and my career goals. He doesn't understand the sacrifices I need to make for the life I want. What should I do? I want to make him understand. It's hard to explain my sacrifices but the fruits of my labour won't show till a few yrs and I get some certifications/further education and finally get a good job in my field. 

Bin the boyfriend, pack your bags and see how the rest of the world lives.

• ?

Not sure what you're looking for here. You're choosing to be with someone who invalidates the things you hold sacred. Short of breaking up with this man there's really not all that much you can do. He's not going to change just because you tell him to.

Unequally yoked. 

Do not stay with someone who does not share the same values as you. This will solve all your issues. It's obvious what he values and you have nothing in common so why stay? You need to learn to let go. Stop stressing about people who are not on your wave length. If you were with a guy who valued the same thing, you would not even be sitting here asking this question. I won't even advise you to work on the relationship because how he treats you is how he would treat your future kids. He does not sound like he would make a great future father either.

• ?

maybe hes jealous

• T J

Time to rethink having him as your BF, its like the north and the south, and the two will never be together.  one from one side of town, the other on the other side. Oil and water.

Get a new bf, he’s not even being a friend.

Your boyfriend has a chip on his shoulder doesn't he.  He also likes to put you down and calling you spoilt etc is a way of controlling you.  Don't try and explain to him.  He won't understand.  He doesn't want to understand.  He uses your education as a stick to beat you with.  He picked you as his girlfriend knowing your intelligence and education....so what's changed eh?  Now he doesn't like it and wants to change you or cow you.  Perhaps you should show your distain for the way he treats you by using your feet and walking away from him.  Tell him you are sick of him belittling the things about you that he liked when he first met you.  As you obviously don't come up to scratch for him, perhaps you should end your relationship with him.  See how he likes that.  If he lets you go then he's not worth keeping.  If he tries to keep you you will at least know that he cares about you.  I think this is all about power in a relationship.  You are unhappy.....so go.