Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

Moving with a leased car ?

Last month I got a car but ended up moving to another house in the same area, I haven’t notified the place I got the car from that I moved. What happens if I don’t tell them I moved ? 

• Phil M

They most likely don't care where you live as long as you keep making the payments.

Maybe nothing.

Maybe a breach of contract.

Nobody here knows what you signed (most likely without reading it).

• May

"What happens" is the splatervosky of the universe explodes in a catastrophic ball of fire that will destroy the heifer shaft of your car.

"What happens" and "what if" questions answered expertly here daily.

Sigh........They walk among us......

Just tell them, dumbass.  Problem solved.

They will find you if you don't pay.

They are resourceful. They can easily find you if needed. Why wouldn't you just tell them?

Why not just tell them you have a new ******* address????????

• Kaz

As long as your payments are on time and paid in full, probably nothing.  However, read your contract, you're legally responsible to let them know within a certain period of time where THEIR car is being parked/garaged.

If they were to really push it they could call it a breach of contract because you're not parking it at the address they have on file. 

Are you thinking of keeping the car ?  Then you will be arrested for fraud, or theft, or  both.  You will not be hard to track down.