Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

Moving with a leased car ?

Last month I got a car but ended up moving to another house in the same area, I haven’t notified the place I got the car from that I moved. What happens if I don’t tell them I moved ? 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Phil M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They most likely don't care where you live as long as you keep making the payments.

• 1 month ago

Maybe nothing.

Maybe a breach of contract.

Nobody here knows what you signed (most likely without reading it).

• May
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

"What happens" is the splatervosky of the universe explodes in a catastrophic ball of fire that will destroy the heifer shaft of your car.

"What happens" and "what if" questions answered expertly here daily.

Sigh........They walk among us......

• 1 month ago

Just tell them, dumbass.  Problem solved.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

They will find you if you don't pay.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They are resourceful. They can easily find you if needed. Why wouldn't you just tell them?

• 1 month ago

Why not just tell them you have a new ******* address????????

• Kaz
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As long as your payments are on time and paid in full, probably nothing.  However, read your contract, you're legally responsible to let them know within a certain period of time where THEIR car is being parked/garaged.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If they were to really push it they could call it a breach of contract because you're not parking it at the address they have on file. 

• 1 month ago

Are you thinking of keeping the car ?  Then you will be arrested for fraud, or theft, or  both.  You will not be hard to track down.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.