Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Are you better off today than you were four years ago ?

My fellow Americans the rise of the Stock Market, low interest rates, low unemployment, increased savings rate has led to Americans having more money for the long run. We will get over this temporary bump in the road. Hiring has increased. The Stock Market is on the brink of hitting 30,000. More people are starting their own businesses. Minority unemployment has never been lower since the Nixon Era. Crime is low. There are more employment opportunities available. We must continue the flow and keep the Republicans in power. 

Time without number Americans vote with their wallet and economic standing especially when voting for President. Money is very important. Just as President Carter or read about President George H.W. Bush on how he was a one-term President. As was said in the Summer of 1992, “ It’s the economy, stupid.”

Just ask President Carter...

I live in California so little of this applies to me. 

Yes. Without a doubt.

In some ways I am and in some ways I'm not.

I'm kind of tired of living in a world where the country is divided into two teams who seem to hate each other.    I find it pretty depressing, actually.

Why on earth should I have to spend time teaching my kids that it's not OK to say things like "Kung Flu" even though the President says it?

I just cannot stomach another four years of this.  

Some of us care about more than just money.

ETA:  Yes of course money is important.   Tax cuts for the wealthy, ballooning deficit even before COVID, mishandling of COVID which continues to have huge financial impact....Trump is NOT the poster child for fiscal responsibility either in his personal life or his policies as President.