Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How to stop being awkward?

Almost everytime I talk with people, I get shy. I don’t know how to response to a lot of things people say or do. How can I become quick witted and stop being lame and awkward?

I dunno, just practice.  Role play with someone you feel comfortable with.  But what's the need to be quick-witted for anyone, I wouldn't want to hang out with anyone who won't let me be myself.

• Carmen

Take some deep breaths pray for a calm heart and a tongue to speak clearly with and confidence in yourself to do anything needed. 

Well, things can go one of two ways for you. you can agree with yourself, put your head down and accept that you really are the oddest duct in the pond full of odd ducts and expect more of the same for the rest of your life,

Or you can do what every other oddest ducts have done for thousands of years that found themselves in your situation. and that is, just be yourself. Doing so, you will find (in time) EVERYONE is just as strange as you are and no better then you.  

be who you be 

Just stop being weak. It sounds mean, but really....I'm serious. 

gain more self-confidence I suffer from that too just gain a bit more esteem and ego and that would help a lot... also it might be that you are not comfortable with the person you are speaking with :) 

A best-seller for generations -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgAIJw45hLw

Youtube thumbnail

You can see a doctor.

There are many medications for this.

You are not alone. I too suffer from this problem. I am 20 and still suffer from this. I don’t think it is possible to become quick witted and stop being lame and awkward. I think you stay with that for the rest of your life.

With God are wisdom and might; he has counsel and understanding.

Job 12:13  

For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding

Proverbs 2:6 

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalm 19:7

time...id like to say that i learned how to be more outspoken..but i cant be sure if i learned it or it just fell into place as I got older