Would this help me with getting into engineering?

So, I'm in my senior year of high school and since my freshman year, the only thing I've really been passionate about is engineering. Either aerospace engineering or electrical engineering, I haven't chosen yet. I do have a good amount of extracurriculars and I've participated and won in a a fair bit of math contests. I also got a 1600 on my SATs with an 800 on both Math II and Physics. But, recently, me and a few friends have been trying to start a research organization based around electricity, or more specifically, "wireless transmission of electric particles" and I was wondering if starting a research organization and actually being passionate about it is going to help me get into a good engineering school. My dream school's always been MIT and this research organization we've started was not mainly to get into a good college, but because it's something we've always been very passionate about. 

Wireless transmission of electricity is highly inefficient and you should know that by now. So doing research in a dead end area is not exactly a plus when applying to college.