Can i return a item on Ebay if the seller says no returns accepted?

Hi i feel like i got robbed because i ordered a part on the 20th and tried to cancel it 10 mins later. So the past few day's i been messaging the seller to tell them to cancel and do not shipping part but no response. Now today is the 24 and the part showed up so i opened up a return claim and they denied it but it's not my fault they ignored my messages and shipped the part anyway. 

Update:

"Fyi a bid is a contract" not buy it now so I'm able to cancel the order been a member since 07 with 100% positive feedback so do ya'll research. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Don’t go on ebay when you’re drunk!

• Who
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

for YOUR information

a bid IS a contract- but once the bidding is closed THAT contract is complete ,and YOU are now obliged to pay for whatever you bid for

and YOU have no right to cancel it - So who cares that they ignored your request to cancel

so YOU do YOUR research

If it WASNT an auction then the sale contract was complete as soon as you placed the order . and you STILL dont have any right to cancel

(ebay is NOT a shop and even shops have NO legal obligation to let you cancel once you bought something - they do it out of goodwill)

your only chance is if the goods do NOT meet the description as in the ebay listing

(and THAT means what the listing says, not what you THOUGHT it meant)

• 1 month ago

No, you ordered it, if you order it and change your mind you have caused his listing to come down and he will have to wait to get his fee back and pay again to relist it in the meantime. If you aren't going to use it properly get off, there is at least two confirmation screens before you have to pay so you can't buy something by mistake. Plus that answer telling you to say it's break it and send it back is the worst sort of filth.

• 1 month ago

Obviously, you either did not read eBay's policy or you ignored it.  Your purchase represents a contract.  You cannot just cancel it later or ask to cancel it.  That would screw up everything.  Once you purchased it, the item was marked sold and taken off the market, so nobody else could bid on it.  And, the seller was charged for the listing and eBay paid itself for the fees that seller had to pay them.  How can you expect all that to just not mean anything?  Your behavior is unreasonable and selfish.  You bought the item and there are no returns.  You are stuck with it.  Resell it if you don't want it, or donate it.

Source(s): eBay Buyer & Seller for well over a decade.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Friend you open up a claim and you say part arrived damaged! Demanding refund and mail them back the damaged part. I won't tell you how to put the part inside of a paper envelope and run it over with your car before you ship it back

• 1 month ago

It's your fault that you ordered something that didn't say returns were accepted.  It's not their fault that you ordered it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

This is on you. YOU bought it and you knew it was no returns.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

not unless they let you.

• 1 month ago

if you didn't want the product, why did you pay for it.

If you paid for it and the order was no refunds, then you don't get a refund.

They don't need to accept your cancellation. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.