Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

Do rapists deserve the death sentence?

Rape is the most brutal crime and it should be handled strongly. Saudi Arabia has no rapes because rapists are given death sentence there.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

No they should spend the rest of the time in isolation.

• david
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Only if you can prove w/o a doubt that the person did it. If there's any shadow of doubt, then no. Not unless a commensurate law that party or parties  who've executed the wrong (including but not necessarily limited to the executioner, prosecutor, jury, and of course the accuser) person be immediately executed, their estates liquidated and delivered to the accused next of kin. Oh, and since the accused didn't have a chance to have children after that event, I guess you'd have to eliminate any and all progeny of the executing party or parties. Fair is fair. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes yes and yes 

• garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

no , they need a woman who wont charge for it ..

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Piero
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

My answer has disappeared twice! I must have reached my target audience and made them think. Here goes again. Most rape is regrets about the night before. A dispute over the level of inebriation of the participants. An afterthought put into her head by not-so-well-meaning "friends". The actual Injury is usually embarrassment. Most of the time, a public apology would be more appropriate, than death or incarceration.  Juries, judges, and cops make a lot of errors. Death is too hard to reverse when they make an error. Violent rape is rare and should be prosecuted as a violent crime, instead of a sex crime.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They deserve a prison sentence of at least 10 years where they are beaten and raped for an hour each day. 

• 1 month ago

No, rapists do not deserve the death penalty.  Rape is an act of violence, however the death penalty is a form of murder and makes no sense, apart from when it's used on people that have been proved to have murdered many people, like mentally insane world leaders that kill their own citizens, ie the current Syrian Leader, he certainly deserves to die.

• 1 month ago

There should be no death sentence at all.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Saudi Arabia likely has no rapes because in many islamic countries, a woman can only make a rape complaint if there are two independent male witnesses to the event, who accompany her to the police!

A womans word alone for a rape allegation is meaningless and she is likely to be the one prosecuted, for infidelity.

Hence, no "Rape" on record.

Many of those countries did not have any definition of rape until Western human rights organisations forced them to start considering it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is rape and rape

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.