My boyfriend made me go all out for his birthday but on my birthday, he acts like i'm invisible. We have been dating for almost a year. ?

I know birthdays are not a contest in any capacity. I am with a guy that claims he is "madly" in love with me. He wanted the whole week to be devoted to his birthday. He wanted a steak dinner and a $100 tattoo as his gifts and a custom cake. On my birthday this year, he actually spent the day with his friend. It seemed like he acted purposefully emotionally distant, smh. He said my gift is late, I saw he ordered a $6 cardboard cut out for my birthday. But that 's it. Am i overreacting ?

Today you have to prove every minute you love a guy and most of the time we're not worth it.

• Adam

Oh..do not waste any more time on him, just break up with him and go away without any doubt.

No you aren't, he sounds like a useless tool.

I think you are being played for a fool. Tell him he can start get his jollies from someone else because he won't be getting any from you.

As a Girl I tell you He is clearly telling you "I don't love you anymore but its comfortable being with you since you still love me and give me lots"

I think yoou need to plan a date out and talk abou it, don't just "I say nothing 'cause I dont want an big fat argument" Please TALK it out. That it can break your relationship.. yeah it might

Then dont believe the " MAcho Man dont care about birthdays" talk its a TYpiCAL excuse. Whether he care or he doesn't. Relationships are an equal footing you give he gives, you tolerate he tolerates but here I see him not caring about you.

You deserve better, give the talk so he have the chance but if change doesnt happen cut it.

If he isnot willing to change you know better.

Love Yourselve first. Borahe

He wanted more than you, and you gave it to him. Nothing wrong with that at all. But if it's an issue, please discuss it with him. We can't communicate with your boyfriend.

• L

DUMP HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You are NOT overreacting - he's just being a jerk.

He doesnt value you.Thats his way of showing you how little he cares for you.Dont do anything for his birthday.Go out with your own friends instead.Have a nice time.

• zipper

Does the term "He is selfish come to mind?  I would strongly suggest you tell him to BUZZ-OFF!  He will not get any better, his type does not improve with age, in fact we dp get worse a lot worse too!

Sounds like his birthday was recent, when was your birthday?  It could have been almost a year ago at the start of the relationship.  So far its a one time thing I wouldn't make it an issue yet but if it continues to be a pattern it is a big problem.