Laminate floor water damage ?

Do you know long how it takes for laminate floor to show water damage after contact with water?

It depends on the laminate. At my old house it was pretty much immediate. My current house has laminate in one kitchen and it doesn't get damaged from water. I have lived here for 4 years and the floor is much older than that I am sure and no water damage at all. We even have a dog water dish in that kitchen and some dogs are messy and we cant always wipe it up right away. No problems at all. I wish I knew what kind of laminate it was because it holds up. 

• Edwena

Not long.  There are recommendations for floor care from the manufacturers which include not mopping the floor or using a powered cleaner/sweeper.  You are much better off with a sheet vinyl floor with no seams.  Look at Armstrong sheet vinyl.  Many of the current floor products that are hyped are actually an inferior flooring system.

Depends how much water we are talking about and how far it has penetrated the joints which is where it tends to do most damage. Also what type of laminate you have. If it can't dry out rapidly it will swell the mdf core in cheaper types in a relatively short time.