What is an example of a one-sided friendship or relationship?
- aLv 44 weeks ago
I knew someone who traveled a several hours a couple times a month to visit a friend. He was always the one to make phone calls, to make arrangements, to do the traveling. He admitted this, and said, "I don't mind doing all the work because it's important to me to maintain this relationship. If I left it up to Chris, I'd never see him."
- 1 month ago
There is an old Mandy Moore song that explains it will too, "One Sided Love". Also, "Tangled", Repunazle seems to be in one - sided relationships with everyone but her lizard and Eugene Flynn Rider.
1. They always text you. But never reply if you need help or want to go out.
2. They never help, but make you help everyone.
3. When you are ready to go to a milestone in life or one of your goals, they hold you back.
4. You aren't given the equal respect or privacy of a "room mate" when living with someone.
5. They let others bid, auction, steal, and lie in court and take your things.
6. They put you in an illegal conservativeships to get paid back illegally for all of your hard work and then want to enslave your children too.
7. They keep outdated laws back to 1880, that deprive women, and others rights and people whom are jocks and geniuses at something. All for their part of town to develop.
8. When you want to get an apartment or your own house they lie to the banks so you can't.
9. When you have hit songs for hit artists or surpass your friends and family, they don't acknowledge it, and try to destroy your mind and body and sign you up for scicence expirments without your consent.
10. They steal your government documents so you can't get work, take your driver's license, SSN card, and your heirloom birth certificate.
11. When you have babies, they deprive them college and art school and military school, before their first birthday and make them pay for their houses, their credit and debit card fraud, and idenity fraud they have been using with you for 20 years and lie to the authorities when you report it. Help me!
This is evidence of bad relationships.Source(s): My life...
- Anonymous1 month ago
1) You Always Text First.
When it comes to initiating communication, you are the one who always must do it. The friend may talk to you when you contact them, but have you ever noticed that they never initiate the conversation? Of course, this alone isn't a sign of a one-sided friendship.
Sometimes, the other friend may have anxiety over being the one who initiates the conversation, or you've always been the one to make the first text, and they've come to expect it. This is just one sign out of many, and it's entirely circumstantial.
2) When They Do Contact You, It's Because They Need Something.
You're usually the one who makes contact, but on occasion, you get a text or a call from them. Instead of asking you to hang out, or to strike up a conversation, it's because they need something. They may need a ride, some money, etc., or another favor. Friends should help out each other. But it's a two-sided street. If they always want help but are never trying to help you when you need it, then you may be in a one-sided friendship.
3) It's Always About Them.
When you do talk, the friend always makes the conversation about them. They are always talking about themselves and never ask how you are doing. On the other hand, if they do, they turn it around and make it about themselves. They may never give you a chance to speak.
Now, not all conversations are going to be equal. One friend may be a little more antisocial than the other. However, if both parties tend to be equal when it comes to social ability, yet only one side can do all the talking, it may be one-sided.
4) They Prefer The Company of Others.
The two of you more than likely have friends of your own, and the truth is, there may be friends that they prefer hanging with. However, if they are always busy with other friends, then this means you may be on the bottom of the list.
5) You Have To Come To Them.
Another classic sign of a one-sided friendship is if you have to go to their house or meet in their area, and they never offer to come to your area. There are times when one party may have the only means of travel. For example, your friend may not have a reliable means of transportation or have little money.
However, if your friend can travel the distance but doesn't bother, it could be a sign of a one-sided friendship. Try talking to them and see if they want to visit you. If they show interest, then the friendship may not be one-sided. However, if they keep making excuses, and you know they have the means of travel, then you may be in a one-sided friendship.
- Anonymous1 month ago
1. They don’t listen to you.
One of the most important qualities of a friendship is that both people are good listeners. If you feel like your friend isn’t listening to you or if you don’t bother telling them things, because you don’t feel like they would care or hear you, that’s a big friendship red flag.
2. They don’t treat you with respect.
We all have bad days and can be temperamental. But if every interaction with your friend is negative, or if they’re constantly putting you down, that’s a pretty big sign that something isn’t right.
3. You always make the plans.
Does it feel like you’re always the one calling and texting to make plans? That’s not a good feeling. Both people should make an effort to keep in touch and make plans to see each other. It shouldn’t always be just you.
4. They only contact you when they need something.
Alternatively, maybe they do contact you to make plans. But if you notice that every time they call or text, it’s because they want something, then that’s not a good sign. It’s okay to ask friends for help, but it’s not okay to take advantage of them.
5. They cancel on you. A lot.
Canceling and/or rescheduling plans happens. But if it happens a lot, or if it keeps happening at the last minute, or if they cancel without any remorse, or if they cancel without making an effort to reschedule, then they’re not being a good friend. Good friends respect each other’s time and genuinely want to spend it together.
6. They always make it about them.
Does your friend never let you get a word in edgewise in your conversations? Do they only talk about themselves, and then never ask about your life? Do they only want to do things that they want to do? All are signs of a one-sided friendship.
7. Your friendship doesn’t feel consistent.
Good friendships don’t have good days and bad days. Sure, we all have bad days. But if your bad days significantly outweigh the good days, or if your friend is oblivious to the fact that they’re being inconsistent, it’s not a great sign.
8. You feel it in your gut.
Is there something about this person and your friendship that just makes you question it? As if you can’t explain it, but something just feels off about it all? Don’t ignore that feeling. Trust your gut, because it’s usually right.
If you feel comfortable bringing it up, you can tell your friend you would like your friendship to be more two-sided. There might be something going on with them, or they might not realize they are doing it. But if it’s time to spend less time with them or end the friendship entirely, do what you need to do. We all deserve to be surrounded by loving, supportive people.