Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 month ago

Why are there black people everywhere on British tv?

Nothing against Black people but the tv channels are trying a bit too hard now! Its getting ridiculous! Even Black people must be wondering what's going on! 

British people are black people. The UK is a black African nation. The UK isn't Europe or America or Australia or Asia. The UK is the UK, black, gay, communist and proud. Live with it, foreigner, or go back to bloody Europe. Learn a little truth, it goes a long way.

• Traci

Not just British tv.. but American and Canadian too.  You hardly see a white person in a commercial anymore.. or when a comment is needed by someone in the crowd, it is always a black person.  seems like whites have been forgotten.  Yeah, sure a lot of  black racism around , right?

Need more Chinese on uk tv 

i do not know,  but i'm seeing the same thing.

Wow!  I thought it was only me noticing that. Also most of the answers are from the UK but in the US just about 80% of all commercials are black without any other race to be seen on them.  Almost every news story & new tv show is about black folks. Everyone has problems in their lives be it white, Asian or otherwise.  I can't understand why there is a strong focus only on blacks.  It is a little out of hand to me.  In the US black folks are only about 20% out of 350 million of the population but you wouldn't know it when watching the tele.  I have wonderful blacks friends that I've known for years, & years and they also mentioned this situation to me as well.  I'm all for equality but "IT IS" getting ridiculous. my opinion. Rkl.

• F

Absolutely agree. The only time you see a white straight male in an ad, he is portraying an imbecile. 

If families aren’t black, they are mixed race, no all white families exist in ad land except for cleaning products. Heaven help us if we imply blacks are dirty.

If they’re not black they are gay or occasionally handicapped. ( Asians are fairly thin on the ground too.

There is one ad for an air line , where there is a mixed race family with Irish grandparents and someone Chinese in the extended family. 

The Virgin media ad ticks as many boxes as possible too.

• ?

Except on Crime Watch because there would be riots, so they have to add loads of white pickpockets to the shotmugs at the end

I expect you can sign up to some streaming service to watch re-runs of Alf Garnett if it upsets you so much.  People who boast about not paying the TV licence can hardly complain about its content.

I nearly made a complaint the other week, when there was a white couple with white children in the same advert. What's going on, didn't they know every advert now had to have a mixed race couple and children, ideally with a gay couple (male/male or female/female), and possibly someone disabled. I find it ironic that the HSBC adverts were saying, we're not an island years ago, in the hope of influencing the Brexit vote. But we are. This is why people voted to leave Europe. I await the day when every possible combination of race gender and whatever they've invented that I'll never get my head around, (something to do with pronouns), appear in the same 30 second advert.

• I warned the liberals on this site that third world immigrants are taking over and now it's coming to pass. 

Unfortunately, the liberals still have their ostrich heads buried in the proverbial sand.