What do you do when your supervisor shuts you out? ?

I have this feeling about a month ago my supervisor told my hiring boss that he hired me to deal with me she used to email me back when I had a questions she’d give me positive feedback and really made me feel at home and now I feel like I don’t want to be there and am no longer wanted there by her I’ve always had a strong work ethic but I thought giving her time and space she’d come out of it but now I’m not so sure 

• John

First, let me assure you this is a serious answer.  If you communicate with your supervisor the way you communicated in your question, its no wonder she doesn't want to hear from you.  When you communicate at work, be concise, clear, and use punctuation.  Do not meander from one thought to another.  

You should not be trying to be "friends" with your supervisor. That's not professional. Stop emailing and/or texting/calling her. Leave her be. Only contact her if you have legitimate concerns that only SHE can answer. You don't have to be worried that you're being "shut out" because she obviously does NOT want to be friends. You ARE being dealt with--in a professional manner. It's entirely appropriate for her to maintain this distance between you. 

Source(s): Worked in HR for 31 years
  • Maybe you're pestering her with too may questions. Figure it out, if you can't get some help from a coworker or two, if they're no help then text her. Learn how to do your job on your own. 

I don't bug my supervisor unless I have an issue or unless it's absolutely necessary. 

• a

This is very hard to follow. Can you please use some punctuation? 

I'm going to guess: Someone said to the person who hired you, "You hired Sarah, you deal with her" ?  Okay, that's fine. If you have questions, ask your supervisor. Your supervisor's boss isn't there to train you.  That's your supervisor's job. Going over his head is unnecessary and possibly wastes the time of someone who has entirely different responsibilities and priorities.

The last time I had a direct supervisor, I went to her with everything, first. The ONLY reason to go over her head was if she wasn't doing her job, or she wasn't there and I needed an answer immediately. 

Do your work damn it.

This question is confusing, convoluted even. Just do your job and only ask when absolutely necessary. 

Supervisor is probably jealous 

FFS you sound like you think she's your girlfriend...