What can you make with a smoothie as an ingredient?

You read it right. What can you make (bake, cook, etc) using a smoothie as an ingredient?

Thing is i made a beet smoothie and i absolutely cannot stomach drinking it, but know it is healthy and worth digesting. What can I sneak it into that is still relatively healthy but helps mask the flavour?

• Jane

Smoothie is my breakfast as I cant stomach a morning meal but I need something to keep me going to lunch. So I use beets, add carrots, banana and frozen fruit like raspberries or cherries, soya milk- tastes pretty good! Need the fruit for sweetness, beets on their own not good. And blend thoroughly, can't stand lumps lol

Well, if you don't like the flavor of beets, there's probably not much cooking will do. You can't get rid of the woodsy flavor of beets really. 

Like if I were to cook it, I'd think a soup, like a borscht would be great, but that still primarily tastes like beets. Similarly, if you were to try to incorporate it into a sauce for chicken... you might just end up ruining your chicken. 

But, if you only want to add a little a time, maybe something tomato based, since the acid level of the tomato might overpower the beets some. Like a beef/tomato chili?

Oh wow....um, possibly add something sweet like orange juice or pureed mango and freeze it into a gelato? I am just guessing here...

Make another smoothie, this time with something you like. Sneak the beets into that.

• ?

A common thing people add with beets is apples. You can add some Granny Smith's, since they are the most tart, and see if that helps any. Any other orchard/stone fruit would work too, since they are the pulpiest and can be on the tart side, so pears, plums, peaches, etc. 

And I hear you...I hate beets! My mom is all about the up and coming newest health foods, but she cannot stand beets. She tried to make a beet salad and tossed in some apples, and it helped, but she couldn't get past the flavor. Maybe in a smoothie, it will incorporate more and taste better.