Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 4 weeks ago

Can I use Bondo to repair the air intake hose?

The crack is much smaller than this about 2 inches long. Can I use Bondo to repair it or does it require replacement? I just don't want to pay $500!

Ended up ordering the part ($20) and installing it myself. It was actually very easy to do and took about an hour. Saved myself $480!

Replace the hose.  Bondo used to be for body sheet metal repairs. 

Again with the simple fixes.. 

'

IF it does not move and it is supposed to use WD40... 'IF it isn't supposed to move Use DUCK TAPE..'In your case it is not suppose to move... USE DUCK TAPE...

• arther

duct tape would it, that  usually duct isn't that expensive to replace.

Don't complicate things - slap some Flexseal tape on it and be done with it.

Yes - a new hose would be nice......but the original failed so why won't another one?  Your repair needs to be flexible, so no rigid materials - tape will do.

(btw:  sure reminds me of all the disintegrating rubber bits on all British cars - as bad as Lucas electrics)

Try thin abs tubing insert and two hose clamps.  

No bondo but glue I use works great for things like that.. GOOP.. Automotive goop.. But you should just buy a new one..

I'd try a lob of Shoe Goo.  I'd get a good used one at the salvage yard. Probably for $5. Jeezle, you must have an Audi or Mercedes to be priced $500.

A hose from the air cleaner to the throttle body is under $100. Quit screwing around. Price it out at Advance Auto.

Might try rubber tubing or wrap of rubber sheet, covering all the ridges, and with hose clamp on either end of that tube or wrap.

Bondo is very solid when dry, and will crack and open up the gap again.

Just had the short tubes on either side of my 2005 Pathfinder air intake manifold replaced this morning for $123.41 at a shop nearby.  Took 30 min.