How old should you be before considering to get married?

How old should a guy be before seriously considering to get married? Is 22 too young? 24?

• T-half

I was 21 and just wanted to move out of my parents house, but did not have enough money to live on my own.  My boyfriend, 27, want to get married. I thought why not, I loved being with him, I'd get to hang out with him more often.

Unfortunately neither one of us were mature enough to work out problems. He wanted things his way, I thought we should work out a compromise that didn't include yelling. Also, dating is part of entertaining.  Marriage includes cleaning the house, and dealing with the boring parts of life.Some people are mature enough at 18, while others are not mature enough at 45. Generally mid twenties is good. 

22 is the perfect age for you if you want to get married.

• MissA

He should be able to self-support himself at a bare minimum, and if he's wanting to start a family shortly he and potential future wife need to be able to support said children and a plan in which they will do so.  He should be emotionally mature enough to settle down and put behind the irresponsibility he can get away with as a younger unmarried man.  And of course he should be in love with the potential future Mrs., be compatible with her, and look forward with happy anticipation to being married.

So in my experience this age ranges from 25 to never, depending on the guy.

• RP

Rather than a number, one should not consider marriage before s/he is desirous of spending the rest of her/his life with another person. For some people, it may occur at a relatively young age, like the 20's, but, for others, it can be older.

The age where you're emotionally and financially prepared.  You also have to find a partner first.

• David

99 is too young.  WAY too young

• T J

Are you sure you ever want to get married?  Read all the garbage on here, then rethink it.

This is your 333rd answer, Lam. ("Iam"?).  Both 22 and 24 are too young, in my opinion. Your brain is not fully developed until after then. Your life experience is limited. You are not fully settled in education and a career path. So many more reasons, as well. People change, as they mature...and whomever you might wish to marry at this age may not be the same person later on, nor will you .  

• Rick B

I don't think it is about a number.  Once you get through college and start a career, it is probably a good time to start thinking about it.  You should have a little money saved up and have a stable income.  Also, make sure that you have experienced life!  Don't tie yourself down and then regret it later - live a little first.

At least 10 in my book.