Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

'TOS Violation' Warnings again? When did Yahoo start caring (again)?

[See screenshot]. 2nd question: Will Yahoo tell me which one of my answers (containing my usual off-color humor) was flagged here?

• ?

I agree its not genuine. They are not new. Many years ago when we had an Answers team I received similar to this and I passed it on the the people in answers team and they had no idea who had sent it

• .

Over the past couple of years or so, MANY users have received such emails. NOTE the wording says you "MAY have violated" not that you DID violate. It comes across as a just Verizon Media's way to remind users of the possible consequences of abusing the site, while not necessarily having any indication of that particular user having committed any specific abuse/violations. I received an almost identical email back in March of this year, from no-reply@oath.com. 

• Daniel

They wont tell you which one it was if you got a Warning Message thats just a Warning all it means is what ever your doing thats Breaking there Rules Stop it they are Giving you a Chance to Correct your Mistakes Before they Delete your Account

• WORSE; my backup account didn't get suspended; it was totally eradicated.

AS VANISHED WITHOUT A TRACE.

If an account is suspended here you can still access it; just not use it. My account is totally gone with no trace.

It is a 'phishing attack'... "Verzion Media" is spelled wrong in that email... It's Verizon, not "Verzion"