Getting in trouble for wearing shorts over leggings at work despite many going to work wearing just leggings.?

Plenty of women young and old at work have gone wearing only leggings or sweatpants at my work. The dress code is that we are to wear full pants that cover the entire leg. I wear short shorts (denim and not THAT  high up) over leggings yet I am the one who got in trouble. Is this fair?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes.  They said no shorts.  You wore shorts.  it doesn't matter what you wore them over.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

There are those who fail to realize that their "fashion choices" are being made by overseas factory owners whose goal is to manufacture the cheapest to make, cheapest to ship, cheapest to sell  crap that doesn't have a shape of it's own but depends on the wearer's shape to stretch,  and will wear out quickly - - - - not much worry about how foolish the masses look.  

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You are making inappropriate work attire choices.  Leggings alone can pass if they are nice, however, when paired with shorts, they look awful.  It doesn't matter that the shorts are on top of your leggings, they are not appropriate, period.  So. its no wonder why you got called out for your bad attire at work.  Some things should never be worn to work...and shorts fall into that category (unless you work at a gym).  If you don't want to get into trouble don't wear things that look skanky.

• 4 weeks ago

A workplace is paying you, so can set standards for dress.  If others are wearing just leggings, copy what they're doing.  Or wear full pants.  A single violation is not a big deal, by the way; it's only a big deal if you keep doing something after being told not to.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.