Need help on pride and prejudice question?

How is Elizabeth Bennett’s a poor judge of character?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Jas B
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

She is totally taken in by Wickham in his lies about his dealings with Darcy.  Even when cautioned by her favourite sister Jane to question his statements Jane Says 

“I can much more easily believe Mr. Bingley’s being imposed on, than that Mr. Wickham should invent such a history of himself as he gave me last night; names, facts, everything mentioned without ceremony. If it be not so, let Mr. Darcy contradict it. Besides, there was truth in his looks.”

“It is difficult indeed—it is distressing. One does not know what to think.” replied Jane

“I beg your pardon; one knows exactly what to think.” said Jane.

When Miss Bingley tries to warn her against Wickham, she ignores her as she does when Jane reports Mr Bingley supporting this opinion of Wickham, she again refuses to consider that her opinion is wrong.

Chapter 17.

• Jon
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

She is generally a good judge of character. However she initially misjudges Wickham, and does not penetrate Darcy's deliberately adopted facade to see his better underlying nature.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you'd read the book, you'd know the answer.

You really need to do your own homework.

Cheating isn't going to help you in the long term!

• snafu
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

She judged a book by its cover.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you have read the book you should have an idea. If not, go reread and take notes.

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Hint: What is her initial impression of Darcy, Wickham? 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.