Do you believe in horoscopes?

Zodiac signs (astrological signs), to be more specific

• Snoopy

No, not really. In reality, life has disproved it many times. 

Now it is just for a laugh. 

Yes, I believe in Horoscope. Because Horoscope astrology is a type of science which deals with planets and their positions. From the ancient time in India, we are using this science for the benefits of human kinds. Using a Horoscope we can make predictions of what can happen in our lives and how we can avoid it. if you want to know you're about your future life you can refer to any astrological site online like Tabij.in.

Astrology is true. IT IS HOW GOD MAKES different personalities...horoscopes in paper don't come true.

• Janet

Zodiac Sign astrology is NOT real astrology.  Your "Sign" is only 2% of your individual unique natal chart.  It is easy to find, does not require knowing your exact moment of birth, and so it is easy to sell to an uninformed public.  It's a commercial gimmick to make money, and is NOT actual astrology.

Those who think astrology is just "your Sign" are ignorant about astrology, and their judgement of it is also ignorant.

One of the major misconceptions is that astrology is about the constellations. It has nothing to do with the constellations. The "Signs" are merely distances along the ecliptic ... starting at the point of the Spring Equinox.

And everyone has all 12 Signs in their personal unique birthchart, influencing then to some degree, about some specific area of their life.

Astrology has good correlation, sometimes into the "statistically significant range". But it is only an influence, indicating what is likely to go on INSIDE of us. It doesn't control us, unless we have no self-awareness and are pushed this way and that by everything.  Just as with the field of psychology, where the best you can hope for is "statistical significance" for a research result, since human nature is variable.

Belief?  Astrology is not a belief system. Approach it as you approach the weather forecast.  40% chance of rain?  I might not carry an umbrella .... 80% chance of rain, I might choose to bring an umbrella along.

Astrology only suggests.  Sometimes it is wise to pay attention to the suggestion, to be proactive.  Sometimes not.

Astrology can be useful, but really I don't look at the astrological influences to MY natal chart more than a few times a year.  The long-term influences are the ones that affect us internally the most.  

And I never allow astrology to override my own judgement, gut-feelings, or observations.

The thing is this .. if you know you have a temporary influence that makes you careless, and you DON'T pay more attention, you MIGHT have an accident. It is good to know that we might be inattentive this month.  There is something we can DO about that.

If it’s possible to know, I want to. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Is astrology extraordinary? Is belief that important? Okay, I believe astrology is lies and a fraud.

Since astrology is a belief, astrology can’t be tested. Any claims made by astrology are fully testable. Problem is to have proponents make actual claims. Astrology is a business first and it’s the belief that sells. 

• Kathy

I do not believe in them.

No, not at all.  The position of various constellations in the sky do not influence someone's personality.  There is no mechanism in physics that would even suggest such a thing.  The various stars in a certain constellation may appear close together from our perspective but in reality they are incredibly far away from each other. Moreover, the constellations that are in the zodiac (which is just a specific portion of the sky) changes over time with Earth's precession about its axis.

Not in the least. Its designed for the ignorant and easily disproved.  Belief in astrology implies a belief in having the Earth at the centre of the Universe, which as we now know is incorrect.Stars in constellations are very far apart, and if we change our point of view the entire designs and meanings we have given them cease to be correct. With your naked eye and great conditions one can see about 3000 stars in the sky. In our galaxy alone there are 100 billion stars. And there are 100 billion galaxies in the known universe. So, there’s no reason why this handful of stars should be in anyway special in the great scheme of things.Although I understand the evolutionary need behind the belief of a written destiny, I can’t quite understand why anyone would pick something like astrology, which has been debunked for 400 years, especially since it requires the believer to relinquish the ability to make their own choices in life. Maybe it would be easier to blame my many mistakes on a supernatural force, but I’d own them as mine, like my few successes. Shakespeare said it first: the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.

Which culture's horoscopes, there are so many on this world.

No, but I do believe in entertainment.